Our classic British brand fuels the 2018 Silverstone Classic…
We are happy to announce that JET will be the Official Fuel Sponsor to the Silverstone Classic for the 4th year in a row. We are delighted and very proud to be part of the continued success of what is without doubt, one of the world’s biggest and best classic motor racing festivals.
We review this summer’s action packed weekend and look forward to next year and beyond.
The fun-fuelled weekend of the Silverstone Classic 2018 provided spectacular classic motor racing on the world famous full Grand Prix Circuit, plus impressive track parades, infield displays from over 120 car clubs featuring more than 10,000 classic cars, plus interactive driving activities and dynamic demonstrations.
The JET Village Green
The hugely popular JET Village Green and free Fun Fair returned due to popular demand, coupled with the exciting addition of JET’s sponsorship of the event’s iconic Big Wheel. In addition, JET 855, the restored AEC Mammoth vintage road tanker made a welcome return. This was a popular attraction in previous years, and formed a backdrop for many a family photograph.
Other attractions that featured on this year’s JET Village Green included:
- The JET Big Wheel offering panoramic views of the circuit
- Traditional funfair rides, including the helter-skelter, dodgems, Miami Trip, carousel, and the big caterpillar coaster
- The F1 Pitstop challenge
- The JET virtual reality motion simulator & play-seat virtual reality simulators
- Daily treasure hunt, starting at the JET HUB at 14:45 every day. The first to take a picture of all the secret locations between 15:00 – 17:00 and report back will be the winner of tons of amazing prizes, including an Amazon Echo Dot! The secret locations will be revealed on the day at 14:45.
- 9 hole Crazy Golf
- Meet and greets with race car driver and JET brand ambassador, Nicolas Hamilton, who’ll be there with his Renault Clio Cup car. Pop by, check out the car and see what times he will be there for an autograph.
- Mike Brewer’s Car Clinics
- The British Motor Museum
- A replica Spitfire firing up its engine on the hour throughout the event*
- Face Painting*
- The JET vintage tanker
- Free WIFI, courtesy of JET
*Whilst the majority of the above items are provided at no cost, those items marked with an * are chargeable.
With so many activities to organise and support, and so much fun to be had, it’s not surprising that a large part of JET’s workforce volunteered to help out at this year’s event. Proudly wearing their “Classic Brand” JET shirts, they welcomed visitors across the venue and encouraged children and adults to try out the activities on offer.