PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE.
Phillips 66 Company operates this Web site (the “Web Site”) as a service to its customers, suppliers, employees, retirees and community neighbors, subject to these Terms and all modifications thereto, in addition to guidelines that may be published from time to time by Phillips 66. By entering and/or using this and other Web sites owned, operated and maintained by Phillips 66 or its affiliates, you, the user, are deemed to have agreed to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) of use. Phillips 66 reserves the right to modify them at any time, and without actual notice to you. You should check these Terms periodically for changes. All such changes to these Terms (including Terms applicable to Web sites of our affiliates) will appear on this Web site. By entering and/or using this Web site following any modifications to the Terms, you agree to be bound by any such modifications to the Terms.
YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THIS WEB SITE IF, AT ANY TIME, YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
The operations, businesses and properties described in this Web site are owned and operated by Phillips 66 or by various affiliates and subsidiaries of Phillips 66. The terms “Phillips 66”; “company”; “we”; “our”; and “its” when referring to these entities are used only for convenience and are not intended to be an accurate description of ownership, operation or corporate/legal relationships.
WEB SITE SERVICES
1. The Web Site is intended to provide information about Phillips 66 and its affiliates to potential customers, investors and employees in the oil and gas industry. Such information about Phillips 66 may include, without limitation, a description of its products and services, financial performance and potential employment opportunities.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. As between Phillips 66 and you, Phillips 66 is the sole owner of all content on the Web Site including, without limitation, all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. patents, trademarks (both registered and unregistered), copyrights (including, but not limited to, selections, collections, compilations and arrangements), and other intellectual property rights thereto. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, you may not download or save a copy of the Web Site or any portion thereof, for any purpose. Subject to copyright notice and the trademark use/link limitations contained in these Terms, you may, however, print a copy of individual screens appearing as part of the Web Site solely for your personal, non-commercial, or non-profit educational use or records, provided that any marks, logos, copyright notices or other legends that appear on the copied screens remain on, and are not removed from the printed or stored images of any such screens. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content of the Linked Sites (as defined below) are the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
2. Copyright Agent for Copyright Infringement Claims (Digital Millennium Copyright Act): The designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act is the Phillips 66 Webmaster.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF MATERIAL OR LINKING TO THIS SITE
1. The content on this Web Site is intended for informational purposes only. These Web pages or any portions thereof may not be framed, reproduced or redistributed for commercial gain or any other purpose. Except as expressly permitted, you may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit the content of the Web Site. Only if you obtain prior written consent from us – and from all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property – may you publish, copy, display or commercially exploit any material from the Web Site. If permission is granted by us and by all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property, you may not change or delete any author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or other restrictions contained on the Web Site. Moreover, any Phillips 66, affiliate or third party corporate names and logos may not be altered or used without specific, prior written permission. If you choose to link to Phillips 66 through any mechanism, you are permitted to link only through a plain-text link to this Web page. For any other type of link to the Web Site, you must first request Phillips 66 to grant permission for such type. Phillips 66 may grant such permission in its sole discretion. You are not permitted to use any link other than a plain-text link, nor to link to any other Phillips 66 Web pages without obtaining our prior written consent or authorization. We reserve the right, however, to rescind any permission granted by us to link through a plain-text link or any other type of link, and to require termination of any such link to the Phillips 66 Web Site, at our sole discretion, at any time. Any unauthorized deep linking to our Web sites shall operate to void any and all rights permitted under this agreement and may subject you to legal action and liability under all applicable laws.
2. To seek our permission, please contact the Phillips 66 Webmaster.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
1. PHILLIPS 66 PROVIDES THE INFORMATION ON PHILLIPS 66 WEB SITES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, PHILLIPS 66 SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (i) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR USEFULNESS OF THE CONTENT OF THE WEB SITE; AND (ii) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES OCCURRING AS A RESULT OF: (1) ANY ERROR, OMISSION, DELETION OR DEFECT IN THE CONTENT, OR (2) ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF RECORD, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, DEFAMATION, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. PHILLIPS 66 DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE: (1) THAT ANY PORTION OF THE WEB SITE WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION BY VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR ANYTHING ELSE MANIFESTING CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES; OR (2) THAT ACCESS TO THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL PHILLIPS 66 BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR: (i) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR LOSS OF INFORMATION), OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS IN THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER PHILLIPS 66 WEB SITE, EVEN IF PHILLIPS 66 OR A PHILLIPS 66 AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; OR (ii) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN, OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OF THE WEB SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PHILLIPS 66′ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU HEREIN, FOR ANY CLAIM OR ACTION ARISING FROM USE OF THE WEB SITE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, PHILLIPS 66′ LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
1. By accessing the Web Site, to the extent permitted under the applicable law, you agree to indemnify, and hold Phillips 66 and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, employees, contractors, and agents harmless from any and all claims, damages, losses, costs, attorney’s fees, or other related monetary expenses that arise directly or indirectly from your breach of these Terms and your conduct and action in connection with this Web Site.
1. By accessing or visiting our Web sites, you expressly agree that the laws of the State of Texas, excluding its conflicts-of-law rules, shall govern these Terms. Please note that your use of the Web Site may be subject to other local, state, national and international laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim, dispute or cause of action with Phillips 66, or relating in any way to your use of the Web Site, resides in the courts of the State of Texas, with venue residing solely in the United States District Court for the Southern District of the State of Texas or a similar Texas state court within Harris County, Texas. You further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Texas in connection with any such dispute and including any claim involving Phillips 66 or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.
2. By accessing or visiting our Web sites, you expressly waive any and all rights, including those related to privacy, to the extent such rights are different and/or in conflict with those rights protected by federal or Texas laws. We control and operate this Web Site from our offices in the state of Texas in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the Web Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access this Web Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
3. Except as specifically noted above, no right or license is granted to you under any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property law to use, copy, reproduce, retransmit, display or create derivative works from materials, logos and content contained within this Web Site.
1. Various pages on this Web site contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1993, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, which are intended to be covered by the safe harbors created thereby. Words such as “expects”; “intends”; “plans”; “projects”; “believes”; “estimates” and similar expressions are used to identify such forward-looking statements. In addition, certain presentations available for viewing were created as of the dates indicated on such presentations and Phillips 66 expressly disclaims any responsibility for updating such presentations.
2. Forward-looking statements relating to Phillips 66′ operations are based on management’s expectations, estimates and projections about Phillips 66 and the petroleum industry in effect on the date the statements were made. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Further, certain forward-looking statements are based upon assumptions as to future events that may not prove to be accurate. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecast in such forward-looking statements.
1. Stock market quotes for Phillips 66 are provided for informational purposes only. This information is NOT intended to be used for trading purposes. You are solely responsible concerning the accuracy of such data prior to executing any transactions or trades. You agree that Phillips 66 shall have no liability as the result of any errors or delays in the information displayed or reported on the Web Site.
1. Phillips 66 is committed to honoring the privacy and security of visitors to Web sites owned and operated by Phillips 66 or its affiliates. We collect information to process your transactions and to help us provide a better level of service. We do not sell your information to anyone. We strive to protect the security and confidentiality of the information we collect. We urge you to read the following sections.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
1. When you submit a request or electronically pass information to Phillips 66 (including, but not limited to, completing retail employment applications and credit card applications), you are sometimes asked to provide certain information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, date of birth and e-mail address. In the Retail Employment Application and on the various “contacts” pages, we ask for this personally identifiable information in order to facilitate your requests, provide personalized service and communicate separately with you. We do not sell, trade or rent your personally identifiable information with any third parties outside of Phillips 66. However, we may provide your personally identifiable information to a third party that provides services to Phillips 66, its affiliates, or subsidiaries.
2. Because we rely on third party commercial software and programs to operate our servers, we may inadvertently collect personal information due to certain automatic functions or features contained in such software or due to certain software changes or upgrades. We will use reasonable efforts to remove any such information after we discover such information in our system.
1. Phillips 66 encourages you not to submit any materials through this Web Site. In the case that You do submit information or documents, any material that you transmit to or through the Web Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. This policy serves to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes regarding ownership of ideas. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, all unsolicited submission to Phillips 66 will result in your acceptance to give to Phillips 66 an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, publicly perform, transit and distribute such information. You further agree that Phillips 66 has the right to use, without any payment or accounting to you or others, any concepts, know-how or ideas that you and your representatives or agents transmit to or through this Web Site.
• Session Cookies – temporary files that expire at the end of a user’s browser session or when you exit the website. Session cookies allow a website to recognize your machine when navigating between pages in a browser session. An example use of a Session cookie would be to recognize whether your machine has accessed the website.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Phillips 66 does NOT collect or retain personably identifiable data or sensitive information.
2. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You may, however, disallow reception of cookies at any time by resetting your Web browser. Please refer to your Web browser’s website for more information on how to delete and/or disabling your browser from receiving cookies. Disabling your cookies may inhibit you from taking full advantage of the functional applications offered through the Phillips 66 Web Sites.
INTERNET PROTOCOL ADDRESS
1. We may use your Internet Protocol address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Web Site. Your Internet Protocol address is used to help identify you for the duration of a session and to gather broad demographic information. This information will not be sold to any third party.
CLICK STREAM DATA
1. As you browse the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each Web site you visit. This information, which is sometimes called “click stream” data, can be collected and stored by a Web site’s server. Click stream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use, the address of the Web site from which you linked to the Web Site. We may use click stream data to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of the Web Site and how they navigate through the Web Site. We will only use this information to improve the Web Site. Any collection or use of click stream data will be anonymous and aggregate, and will not contain any personally identifiable information.
CONSENT TO PROCESSING
1. By providing any information to the Web Site, all users fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such information in the United States.
1. Phillips 66 shall, pursuant to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, allow access to information, including personally identifiable information, provided to the Web Site in order to comply with such process and to protect our rights and property.
1. The Web Site may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to the Web Site. Phillips 66 is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
1. Our Web Site may contain pages that are of interest to children under the age of 18, but we do not seek through this site to gather personal information specifically from or about children under 18. Because our software does not automatically distinguish visitors under 18 from other visitors, Phillips 66 requires users under 18 years of age to obtain the consent of a parent, guardian, teacher or librarian to view the Web Site. You agree to abide by such restrictions and not to help anyone avoid these restrictions.
1. The Web Site is not directed nor targeted to children. Phillips 66 will not knowingly collect information from children. Because our software does not automatically distinguish visitors under 18 from other visitors, Phillips 66 requires users under 18 years of age to obtain the consent of a parent, guardian, teacher or librarian to view the Web Site. If Phillips 66 learns that a child has provided personally identifiable information to the Web Site, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
USER’S ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
Terms last updated on: August 22, 2012.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms, please email us at the following page and we will make every effort to respond to your inquiry: Questions?